Job Title: ASD Head of Base
London - SW
JOB WORKING HOURS:
My client a thriving Primary School based in WImbledon are looking to appoint an experienced Head of base for their ASD provision.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for supporting children with SEND, to lead and continue to develop the ASD Base and its committed team.
The successful applicant will lead and manage the team of staff within the Base and will have a key role in training and supporting mainstream staff and in ensuring that the Base is a fully integrated aspect of the school. They will also work closely with Senior Leaders and the SENCo.
We are looking for someone who:
• is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
• has experience of working with children with ASD
• has experience of working within a resource base or specialist provision
• is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player
• has a strong commitment to school improvement
• is ambitious with the ability to motivate and inspire
• secures high levels of achievement
• is committed to safeguarding all our children and their emotional well-being
• is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
In return we can offer you:
• Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
• A dedicated Base space with its own outside area
• A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff team who are committed to providing the best
outcomes for our children
• Clear succession planning to enable all staff to develop leadership skills for the future
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
• Dedicated release time
• A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
• A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the
• A specialist SALT working 2 days a week in the base
If you are interested, then please contact Sorcha Gavin at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.