JOB TITLE / ROLE:
Learning Support Assistant - Autism - Oxford - Oxfordshire - Role: SEND TA Jobs
Axcis are working with a school in Oxford to work directly with children and young people with a diagnosis on the autism spectrum (ASD) within an age-phase department (secondary or senior).
LSAs have a varied role within the classroom and school including assisting the teacher/Teacher, working with individuals or groups of children, organising and running some activities and producing displays and resources.
- Experience of working with children & young people
- Knowledge of SEND, especially ASD
- Issues of child protection, anti-discrimination, disability rights & equal opportunities practices
The post holder must have GCSE grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- The post holder must have Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support in Teaching & Learning or an equivalent qualification. If this is not held they must be prepared to commence the training within 4 months of the commencement of their employment
- A clean current driving licence is desirable
This is a temporary position
If you are interested, then please contact Matt Peedle at Axcis Education on 0121 516 3024.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Matt Peedle
TELEPHONE: 0121 516 3024