Are you looking to make a positive impact on the life of a vulnerable adult? Not bothered about working nights? If so this may be just the opportunity for you.
Axcis Education is seeking support workers to work in a residential environment with vulnerable adults with physical disabilities across Swindon and Wiltshire on mainly night shifts. This will often mean working throughout the night and making sure that service users are seen to should they need any support during sleeping hours. Some workplaces do offer sleep in options where as others do require that you be awake during your shift. The kind of hours you could expect to work can range from starting as early as 9pm and working until 7am.
Because of the nature of working with special needs in a residential setting, there are usually elements of personal care and manual handling involved in the job, therefore experience and/or training in these skills is essential as well as having experience in a wide variety of different disorders.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved a Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (adults) or equivalent but this is not essential.
- You will preferably hold a current driving license, be able to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate to work with adults (or child and adult) on the update service, if you do not have one we can help you apply for this.
- A can do attitude and be able to help wherever needed whilst maintaining a sense of professionalism at all times.
- You will also need to have good communication skills, where comprehensive notes between shift rotations are essential in providing the best support possible.
- A sense of humour and approachable personality are also important to the role, these are individuals just like everyone else and building a good rapport is just as much part of the job as the physical aspects of manual handling.
If you are interested, then please contact Axcis Education on 0117 373 6127.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer and as such we do not discriminate based on age, gender, disability, race or any other equal opportunities criteria.
The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As such, you will be required to provide an up to date CRB/DBS, or be prepared to allow Axcis to process one on your behalf, in addition to other mandatory compliance checks in line with the DfE guidelines (for details please see our website).
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
You must be suitably qualified for the position advertised and be prepared to attend a face to face interview with Axcis to demonstrate your suitability for this role.
Salary / Pay Rate will be dependent on your skills and experience.