JOB TITLE / ROLE:
School Business Manager - Warrington - Role:
Job Title: School Business Manager
Axcis are seeking to recruit a skilled and motivated individual to join our happy and inclusive school on a permanent contract.
The pattern of work will be 37 hours per week, term-time only plus 5 INSET days and an additional 5 days.
This is a temp to perm position, transferring employment to our client after a specified time period.
You will be expected to fully participate as a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team and act as a trusted advisor to the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body on matters related to Finance, Premises, HR and Health & Safety
Main Purpose of the Job:
• To play a central role in the leadership and strategic development of the school, through leadership of school support functions; providing direct assistance to the Headteacher, Governors and Senior Leadership Team.
• To support the raising of standards of pupil achievement through the provision and line management of efficient and effective business and support services.
• To provide strategic vision and leadership in all aspects of finance, HR, premises and health and safety.
• To maximise revenue raising opportunities through exploring external funding streams, bidding for grants, and promoting the outreach work of the school
• To take responsibility for the leadership, management and development of Non- classroom based support staff ensuring they understand their key roles in supporting the primary purpose of the school to raise pupil achievement and provide an excellent educational experience for all students.
• To ensure adherence to and implementation of all legal and safety requirements with regard to people, property and resources.
Responsible for: All admin staff, Site Manager, Cleaning staff
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Provide specialist financial support to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the school
• Be familiar with, and have an understanding of, the responsibilities and requirements of the post including; finance, Grant bidding process, HR, health and safety, line managing support staff and facilities management
• Work under pressure, managing competing priorities
• Understand the unique complexities of working in an Special School environment
Educated to a degree level or equivalent is desirable however our client would consider an applicant with a wealth of experience.
An accountancy or finance related qualification is essential as well as detailed knowledge in all aspects of financial procedures.
Knowledge of SIMS or a similar management system is needed and the right candidate will also have a proven track record and deep understanding of HR and employment legislation, regulations and procedures.
In return you will receive:
• A dedicated, supportive and friendly staff
• Excellent relationships with Local Schools and the LA
• Happy children who enjoy coming to school, and parents who strongly support our nurturing ethos
• A supportive Governing Body
Pay £135.00- £145.00 per day before transferring employment to £28,226-£31,895 per year.
Closing date for applications: Noon Friday 8th July
Please call Rebecca @ Axics for more information 01514599299
<br/><br />If you are interested, then please contact Rebecca O'Donnell on 0151 459 9299 and click on the apply button below.<br /><br />If you are not interested in this role but know someone else who might be, <strong>don't forget that we offer up to £250 in shopping vouchers if you refer a friend to us and we place them in the job.</strong> For more details, contact your local Axcis office.<br /><br /><em>This is a temporary position.</em><br /><br /><em>Axcis is an equal opportunities employer and as such we do not discriminate based on age, gender, disability, race or any other equal opportunities criteria.<br /><br />The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.<br /><br />As such, you will be required to provide an up to date CRB/DBS, or be prepared to allow Axcis to process one on your behalf, in addition to other mandatory compliance checks in line with the DfE guidelines (for details please see our website).<br /><br />Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.<br /><br />You must be suitably qualified for the position advertised and be prepared to attend a face to face interview with Axcis to demonstrate your suitability for this role.<br /><br />Salary / Pay Rate will be dependent on your skills and experience.</em><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#e0004d;"><a href="/job-page-disclaimer">View the disclaimer</a></span></strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#e0004d;"><strong>Contact: </strong></span><strong> Rebecca O'Donnell </strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#e0004d;">Telephone: </span> 0151 459 9299</strong></strong>