A secondary school in Bromley are looking for a SENCo to join their team for a minimum of one term, starting ASAP. The school is a comprehensive school providing an exciting and holistic education based on traditional values.
The ideal candidate will have the SENCo qualification, however teachers who have experience as a SENCo will be considered.
- To identify at an early stage those students with SEND
- To assist and advise departments in the teaching of those students through a whole school approach
- To work with teaching staff to ensure that students make better than expected progress
- To monitor the progress of those students with SEND throughout their secondary education and to liaise with parents, outside agencies and the LA where necessary
- To identify at an early stage those students with low literacy and numeracy skills, social, emotional and mental health needs, social and communication issues and speech and language needs
- To provide strategies for development either through interventions, in-class support or teacher liaison with other departments.
The chosen candidate will teach 3 lessons a week, to a class of two SEND pupils. Must have a QTS.
If you are interested, then please contact Sian Lewis at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Sian Lewis
TELEPHONE: 020 7580 2956